The Russell Labs Hub IT staff (John Slaybaugh) provides support for desktop, classroom technology, computing labs and networks as well as general computer and web consulting and services for the departments of Entomology, Forest and Wildlife Ecology, and Plant Pathology.
474 Russell Labs
In the office:
Core Hours: Mon – Thur 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Variable start and end times of one extra hour.
Fri – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
436C Russell Labs
In the office:
Monday: 10:15 am – 6:30 pm
Tuesday -Friday 9:15 am – 4:45 pm
Best way to reach him: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our hours are Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 p.m. We are closed weekends and holidays. These hours may vary depending upon staffing and needs.
Phone : (608) 890-0248
For urgent issues, please call (608) 469 – 7762
- Consulting on ordering new computer hardware and software
- Choosing, ordering, setup and installation of new hardware and software
- Troubleshooting and repairing computing hardware and software
- Isolating and remediating computer malware (includes diagnosing and fixing computer viruses and spyware)
- Reloading or upgrading computer operating systems
- Maintaining existing network drives, including backups
- Creating and maintaining departmental email accounts
- Administering user accounts to Russell Labs IT resources
- Installing and maintaining software on classroom and lab computers
Computing how-to documents can be found in our RLIT KB.