Student Services Wellness Resources
Click the boxes below to expand/collapse the sections.
+Alternative Paradigms to Mainstream Diet Culture
Here are some helpful resources to check out:
- 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating – website by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD, CEDRD-S and Elyse Resch MS, RD, CEDRD-S, authors of several books
- 7 Simple Strategies for Finding Peace & Freedom With Food – Free Audio Guide by Christy Harrison, MPH, RD, CEDS available at https://christyharrison.com/
- Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight – book by Lindo Bacon, PhD
- The Body is not an Apology – website and book by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Fat Phobia and its Racist Past and Present – NPR interview with Sabrina Strings, PhD, author of Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia
- Maintenance Phase – Podcast by Aubrey Gordon and Michael Hobbes
- Nalgona Positivity Pride – website and Etsy shop (where the posters in my office are from, fyi!)
Most of these resources are free or can be borrowed from a local library. For those with the means, I suggest purchasing directly from the authors/creators.
I would also be happy to talk with anyone who is struggling or who is interested in building a support network of like-minded individuals. – Allee
+Off and On-Campus Resources Comparison Chart